Wednesday 19 April 2017

I Love Meatballs


These Mutton Meatballs have seen sitting in my draft folder for a few weeks already. And I can't remember the recipe😝


Well, actually I can but just agak-agak. It's very basic after all. Just minced mutton, mashed potatoes, minced onions, grated carrots, salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric and an egg.


Strictly for mutton lovers because of the gamey smell in spite of the spices. Maybe I put too little. Or I should have added ginger. I can experiment some more next time. 

These mutton meatballs were deep fried and I thought they were very good. Don't attempt baking them because I did and threw out the whole lot. Not good.

Mutton Meatballs
Recipe source : Phong Hong

Ingredients :
- 300g minced mutton
- 1 big onion minced
- 5 smallish chat potatoes, steamed and mashed
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt or to taste

Method :
1. Mixed all the ingredients together until mixture becomes gluey.
2. Form into balls and deep fry until cooked and golden brown.

35 comments:

  1. Ooooooo I like to eat gamey mutton. no, no, no, don't put ginger in it because the ginger taste would overpower the taste of tumeric and cumin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, I am not too keen on ginger in these meatballs.

      Delete
  2. I love them too! Oh? Use potatoes to hold them together, eh? Gotta try that. I used bread crumbs but of course, that's taboo now - not gluten-free. Will try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the potatoes hold them very well. No need to add flour.

      Delete
  3. I seldom cook mutton at home so I will substitute it with pork and hope it will also taste good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works just as well for pork and I believe you will like it.

      Delete
  4. I happened to love meatballs too.... be it pork, beef or mutton... just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot resist meatballs, I can have many of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. the recipe's ingredients sound like a good combination for a tasty and textured meatball! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, my favorite recipe for meatballs of any kind :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. No, no sauce. I just ate them with bottled chili sauce hee..hee..

      Delete
  8. I have not tried mutton meatballs, usually is pork meatballs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't like mutton then you won't miss it...

      Delete
  9. I love meatballs but with porkie porkie... no beef.. no mutton.. I remember my mom used to steam the porkie balls inside the rice cooker and they tasted so good, just one dish was enough to satisfy us siblings... well, that was during my younger days.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love meatballs too! Just not mutton meatballs...hehe! ;D And yeah, baked meatballs will never be as good as deep-fried meatballs. Even pan-fried meatballs beat the crap out of baked meatballs...wuahahahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know mutton is a no no for you hee..hee...

      Delete
  11. This is so yummy and got me excited. I will use your recipe and use babi instead. I shall call mine Babi Balls. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wah! Mutton meatballs. Yums.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Made beef meatballs, pork meatballs, fishballs, chicken balls. But not mutton meatballs. Yours look tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like lamb but never make lamb meatballs. ButI think Sam don't know how to appreciate lamb yet >_<

    ReplyDelete
  16. Then cicah with cili sos or lada hitam sos, wowww great

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love meatball too LL....tp meatball yg dah siaplah hihi....nak buat malas weyh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... LL tak minat sangat dengan yang ready made tu.

      Delete